bloXroute Labs, a technology start-up that built a Blockchain Distribution Network (BDN) to allow blockchains to scale, announced today the official launch of BDN Version 1. The launch follows several successful bloXroute network tests including their ETH Mining Test, Bitcoin Cash Miner Test, and Akomba Labs Test that showed the benefits of an optimized blockchain network infrastructure. In mid-November, the network went live to be tested with a small group of partners and the software is now publicly available in DockerHub, PyPi, and Github.
BDN V1 is a scalability service that enables blockchains to scale by propagating blocks and transactions faster. To achieve this, the BDN uses advanced networking techniques such as internal caching, cut-through routing, optimized topology, and dynamic route selection. The network is by design neutral and requires no protocol changes or compromises to security or decentralization. The BDN operates underneath the blockchain at Layer 0, so it can be compatible with Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions, including PoS, PoW, DAGs, and hybrid frameworks. It has built-in support for Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, and bloXroute also announced they are working to integrate the BDN with additional projects including Ontology, Quorum, Conflux, and Metadium.
Eyal Markovich, Co-Founder and COO, states: “I’m so proud of our team for achieving this huge milestone. BDN V1 will revolutionize the very backbone of all blockchains. We expect to see major users such as Pools, DApps, Exchanges, etc. to gradually adopt the BDN to improve block and transaction propagation — and this is just the beginning. In 2020 we will focus on building more features and adding built-in integration with additional blockchain projects. Our mission to scale all blockchains is just getting started.”
More information on bloXroute’s architecture, components, and installation and deployment procedures can be found on the bloXroute documentation page. bloXroute invites any blockchain project interested in integrating with them to reach out to [email protected]
- bloXroute is backed by leading venture capitalists (e.g. Flybridge, MetaStable, Pantera, Coinbase Ventures, ZhenFund, 1 Confirmation, Fenbushi, etc) and founded by networking experts from Northwestern University.
- bloXroute has developed a BDN that removes the network scalability bottleneck at Layer-0 by propagating transactions and blocks faster.
- To allow for scalability, the BDN uses advanced networking techniques such as internal caching, cut-through routing, optimized topology, and dynamic route selection.
- The network requires no protocol changes or compromises to security or decentralization.
- The BDN operates underneath the blockchain at Layer 0, so it can be compatible with Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions and PoS, PoW, and hybrid frameworks.
- More information can be found by visiting bloxroute.com or on the bloXroute Medium page.